One dire wolf's journey through the worlds of imagination...
AKA: Tygerwolfe's Gaming Blog

Ancient Trails - Follow Me On RSS

Monday, March 28, 2011

A few thoughts...

Not much, but caught myself thinking about gaming WITHOUT putting it here, and realized "what's the point of that? I have a gamer blog!"

The first thing I was thinking about is the Battle Subway in Pokemon Black. You pick 3 pokemon from your party or your box, they're automatically set to level 50, with no exp gained through this experience, and you have to battle your way through 7 trainers without blacking out once in order to "win" the battle points, which you can use to purchase items in the train station.

I was intrigued by the concept, but with only 3 pokemon in your party, there's no way to plan for every contingency... and the opponent Pokemon seem absurdly strong. I also can't pull the trick I do on Gym Leaders sometimes and find out what they have through one battle, then reset my game and go back in with a plan so it doesn't register me having lost, because the trainers in the subway cars, and their pokemon, are different each time.

Perhaps I'm just too low level right now, and don't have enough good items. The Subway seems to be designed to train you how to use held items, since potions and the like can't be used during the battles. I'll try it again in a few levels when each of my team have a power booster in their possession.

The other thing I was thinking of a lot is WoW. Particularly, my Druid. I'm thinking that, once she's finished Northern and Southern Strangelthorn, she's going to go to Theramore Isle and see how much that story line was changed by Cataclysm. She's already over level 30, which means I got over the leveling hump that I hit with her when she was a night elf, but I still find myself... Well, to be honest - I find myself wanting to start doing the exploration achievements. But as I proved with my Hunter, it's best to wait until level 40 (fast riding) to do that. Otherwise you can't really outrun the stuff in the higher level areas of the base zones. Then, of course, when she can fly I'll do Outland and Northrend, and the L80+ areas of EK and Kalimdor.

This is all with the knowledge that my Hunter is sitting at level 80, and REALLY needs to get to her cap. I need to devote some serious attention to her. Five levels! It shouldn't be that hard, and it's all about exploring the new areas. She's currently questing in Vash'ir, which is incredibly fun... But even as I'm doing that, I can't help thinking about my Druid and how fun it'll be when I can do Aquatic Form down there...

Yeah. I need to cap my Hunter before I lose interest in her entirely. And I don't WANT to lose interest in her. Destylae has embodied ME in Azeroth for a very long time. Maybe I'm not losing interest - maybe I'm just out of practice. Perhaps, this weekend, I'll devote a big chunk of my gaming time to her, and we'll see what the new levels are really all about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment